miércoles, 1 de enero de 2020

Books I loved in 2019

Hello hello! It's me, I was wondering if after all...

This time you'd still like to read my posts.

Let me start by wishing you all a happy new year! I wanted to talk about some of the books I read in 2019. I started to think about the books I read and which ones were my faves and I realized I discovered a genre I hadn't really read before and most of my fave reads this year belong to it.





I LOVED Michelle Obama's book. I found it so inspiring and I really enjoyed reading about her life as a girl, back when she lived with her family and her journey to who she is now.

I LOVED Yolanda Ruiz's book. She is a very important journalist in my country and her book is filled with stories and dilemmas that she's had in her career. I love knowing what goes on behind the scenes while she's on her morning show on the radio. And I really enjoyed the thoughts and opinions she shares about journalism in these days.

Another favorite was the book written by former president Juan Manuel Santos. I have always been interested by the peace accord his government signed with the former guerrilla Farc so I knew I had to read this book. I loved getting to know his perspective of big events, the reasons behind the very important decisions he had to make. And I got to meet him back in May and he signed my book so that's a bonus.

I also enjoyed the book written by Humberto de la Calle, former presidential candidate and negotiator on the government's side during the peace talks with former guerrilla Farc. Again, I have always been interested in this topic and I really admire De la Calle, his ability to sit down in front of these people in order to try and end a conflict of over 50 years. I have to say I found his book heavy at times because he talks about justice and that doesn't make it an easy read. But still I loved knowing what was happening behind closed doors in Cuba, where the peace talks took place.

And last but not least I LOVED the book written by former minister Alejandro Gaviria. He is now the rector of the Universidad de los Andes. He was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago and so he reflects about life, death, and the health system in this book. It's just so thought provoking and vulnerable and emotional in his own way. I loved how he incorporated many many authors into his book, also reminded me that I don't know anything but I loved it, lol.

So basically what I read this year made me realize I love autobiographies too. And I now I can't wait to find and read more. I obviously read romance too and loved some of those books too, duhhh.

Wanted to mention other favorites of mine this year too: Foals' most recent album. It's INCREDIBLE, tbh. I hope I can see them again, soon. Coldplay released new music and it's so breathtakingly beautiful, dude. It's brought so much light into my life. Highly recommended. And finally, Harry Styles' album, Fine Line. Obviously, lol. I LOVEEE it. It's so sad, man. My favorites of the album are: Falling, She, Cherry, Fine Line and Adore You.

I guess that's it. If you read it all and are now here, wow thank you so much. Do we share any favorites? Have you by any chance read any of these books? Or maybe listened to these albums? Let me know!

I hope you all have a great year, let this one be better than 2019, ffs.

Take care!

No hay comentarios

Publicar un comentario