martes, 12 de agosto de 2014

"There is God, there is you and there is Kingsley. Those are my three nonnegotiables. You understand?"

I choose this quote as the title of the review because I think that quote speaks volumes about this world Tiffany Reisz has created. It gives us an insight on Søren's heart.  And I just love it because I feel like it's so hard to "get" him, from the very beginning he's been one of the few characters of a book that in order to know him, you have too peel their layers one by one. 

Anywhoooooo. I've mentioned Tiffany Reisz and I've mentioned Søren, so it's very likely you have guessed by now what book I'm talking about: *drumroll* The Saint. In the first book of the 'The Original Sinners: White Years series' we get to see how it all started. Not just for Eleanor, but for Søren and Kingsley too. 

But wait, if you haven't read the first four books you might be kind of confused right now. If so, I advise you get The Siren RIGHT NOW and start reading that book. It's not that you have to read the others in order to understand this one but it'd be so much more interesting for you because you'd be emotionally involved with the characters and it would be fascinating to find out more about their pasts. At least that's how it was for me. 



If, on the other hand, you have read the other books, well then, feel free to continue my friend. When I first heard about this book I was super excited for it because I have to say this story has won a special place in my heart. Also I'm a sucker for young/old relationships (if you know me you know this is like an eufemism) and Eleanor was only 15 when she met Søren (he was 29, mind you) so I just knew I had to read this book. 


However, I was a bit anxious to start it, I kept putting it off to be honest, cause the topics in this story are not light or at least I don't think they should be taken lightly.  But I digress, I started the book almost a month ago and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT.  I was surprised by the way it starts, and how the background story is brought up: as a bedtime story. I thought it'd start with Eleanor in school, that alone should tell you how much creativity I have............... Congratulations Tiffany, because that was great!!!

You can never get bored while reading this, trust me. First of all there is always something happening, whether it's witty conversations involving god or just them discussing about the day they'll finally get to have sex. Secondly, the way the story is written makes it easy for the reader to imagine the characters and their conversations. And finally, the characters are just fucking amazing, like I'm sitting here typing this and wondering how can writers come up with a Eleanor/Nora, a freaking Søren. They can make you laugh, especially Eleanor with her thoughts or they can make you roll your eyes at Søren because how arrogant is he, really. But then again he'll say something like:

"Because there is nothing I wouldn’t do to protect you, Eleanor. Nothing I wouldn’t do to help you and nothing I wouldn’t do to save you. Nothing.” 


I could continue writing down all the quotes I underlined while reading The Saint, but zzzzzzz. I love seeing the woman before Nora. For the most part, she wasn't really innocent at 15, but looking at her relationship with her father you could see she still tried to see the good in people and trust them. You can see she has a long way before she gets to the Nora we've seen in the first books because whenever her mind comes up with dominant fantasies she feels confused and she can't really tell where that came from. At 20, all she knows is that she wants to be with Søren in whatever way he'll have her. 

It wasn't very clear for me why had she ended up where this book takes place and it also wasn't very clear what her relationship with Søren was like at that moment but it all comes together in the end.  I hope I've made my case: I read The Saint and I loved it and if you are into erotica -well writen erotica at that-, then I recommend you read this book. And all of The Original Sinners Series. I can tell you I am already looking forward to the next book: The King. And she's been talking about the writing process of The Virgin so ajksbdkajsbdjkab. 

If you read this whole thing you must be one of my friends, thank you for getting here, and hopefully you'll read me soon. I need to find a book to read after this one so I'm accepting suggestions! 

-Ale- alejandra. 

No hay comentarios

Publicar un comentario