martes, 9 de agosto de 2016

One of the hardest books I've read

Title: It Ends With Us
Author: Colleen Hoover
Published: August 2nd 2016 by Atria Books
Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up—she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.
Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.
As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan—her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

My Musings 

I didn't really want to write a review on this book because I don't think I could do it justice. I mean I haven't rated it on Goodreads yet. But I finished it two hours ago and I just can't stop texting my friend Floozy about it. There are too many thoughts and feelings on this story. 



Never in my wildest imagination did I imagine the plot of this book. NEVER. Looking at the cover of the book, the illustration, the colors, the titlem and the summary I thought it was going to be an angsty love story, but then with the final sentence I realized it was so much more than that. It's a story about women, about moms and daughters being brave and bold. 

You're guaranteed to feel too much with this story. I mean it's a Colleen Hoover book, and she doesn't disappoint this time. In fact I would say it's been the most heartbreaking of her books (of the ones I have read).

I think that is because the story feels so real, so raw and because along the way you get involved with the characters and you can't help but empathize with them. This story is one about people being human, making mistakes and having to make very important decisions. There's just not another way to explain it without giving it away. 

I said before this isn't a love story but that doesn't mean that your heart won't get broken along the way. Because there are cute times (I want someone to take a photo of me and think it worthy enough of daily attention so that they hang it on their living room wall), sexy times too (THE CHEMISTRY), and then the sad times too. Times that make you think why did I start this book? This is too much. 

You understand that things needed to happen the way they did, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt. It doesn't mean that you won't feel conflicted by the end of the book because you knew things had to be one way but a part of you yearned for something else. 

I love Lily. I love her courage and her determination. She isn't a perfect woman, THERE ISN'T EVEN ONE IN THE WORLD! but there's so much admiration in me towards her. And I love Ryle too. I could write another post just for him, where I can explain what I feel towards him including spoilers but I think I'll quote this from the book:

"There is no such thing as bad people. 
We're all just people who sometimes do bad things". 

I can say that is the main lesson I take from this book. Even before I read this story, I believed something isn't one thing or the other, just because you made a mistake in life doesn't mean you're a terrible human being. There's a bigger picture to consider. 

And it also brings up how you really can't jugde a situation if you aren't a part of it. If you're just part of the audience then don't make asumptions based on what you think you know. You think you know something only to read this book and realize you have been wrong. I think this is why I am still thinking about 'It Ends With Us'. 

There is one character in particular I need more of. One I fell in love with while reading this story. I need to know more. But I don't think I'm going to get that </3

On another note, I have to admit that I'm not happy with the epilogue. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wishes to read the book but I thought that everything had been said about that part of her life. 

After having read it for some time now I can only say this is a book everyone should read. It won't be easy but I feel like it's such a necessary thing. 

-Ale. 

No hay comentarios

Publicar un comentario