viernes, 1 de mayo de 2015

Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren


Title: Beautiful Player
Author: Christina Lauren
Published: October 29th, 2013 by Gallery Books.

A bombshell bookworm. A chronic Casanova. And a lesson in chemistry too scandalous for school. When Hanna Bergstrom receives a lecture from her overprotective brother about neglecting her social life and burying herself in grad school, she’s determined to tackle his implied assignment: get out, make friends, start dating. And who better to turn her into the sultry siren every man wants than her brother’s gorgeous best friend, Will Sumner, venture capitalist and unapologetic playboy? Will takes risks for a living, but he’s skeptical about this challenge of Hanna’s…until the wild night his innocently seductive pupil tempts him into bed- and teaches him a thing or two about being with a woman he can’t forget. Now that Hanna’s discovered the power of her own sex appeal, it’s up to Will to prove he’s the only man she’ll ever need.

My Musings 

After feeling like I had read quite a lot of YA fantasy, I wanted to go for something else. I'm kind of picky when it comes about New Adult or Contemporary Romance, so I started going through my friends' lists of books and I stumbled upon this one and saw that a few of them had given it five stars, so I knew I had to read it. 


Although we have the classic playboy and 'bookworm' these two are not boring or predictable. The both of them make funny and enjoyable characters, a really amazing couple. The chemistry between them is off the roof, which reflects in the sex scenes between the two of them. Will Sumner, is just wow, extremely attractive. I'm such a sucker for age difference, so I loved this book. 

I really enjoyed the progression of their feelings, it wasn't rushed and it was believable. And I liked the character development, especially Hannah's. However, I do feel like all of the conflict dragged out too much and that rushed the end of the book. You know how you're reading and then you go to the next page and suddenly it says 'Epilogue' and you're kind of wondering ...seriously? That's how I felt while finishing the book. I wish we could have seen more. That is why I gave this book 4 stars on goodreads. All in all, I recommend this book a lot. 

Have you read this book? What are your thoughts on it? If you haven't done so, would you read it? Until next time! :)

No hay comentarios

Publicar un comentario