jueves, 26 de febrero de 2015

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead


Title: The Ruby Circle
Author: Richelle Mead
Published: February 10th, 2015 by Razorbill.

This book focuses on trying to find someone very close to Adrian and Sydney who went missing in the final page of Silver Shadows. They haven't been able to do much for a month, until they finally get a clue about this person's whereabouts. Sydney goes after this lead while Adrian ends up making some MAJOR discovery for the Moroi and Dhampir world. MAJOR. Then they reunite again to try and get back their friend.

My Musings 

First page and I was already swooning over Adrian Ivashkov. I have to say he's one of the best fictional characters I have read. He is loving, funny, so good hearted -borderline selfless, he honestly kept putting others before his mental health, which is one of the annoying traits about him-. I love that we get to see how vulnerable he is because he constantly tries to come off  as cocky but the whole Nina situation makes him doubt about spirit and the consequences its use could have on him.


And now that he has finally found the love of his life he is so incredibly romantic. Before, he used to be just a flirt but now he combines that with romance and to prove this I'm bringing up a quote: "She stood on her tiptoes to give me a light kiss on the cheek. No way was I settling for that. With a quick maneuver, I swept her into my arms and gave her a long, deep kiss goodbye, not caring about the witnesses."


I love Sydney too, she is extremely smart and brave. I could relate to Adrian's insecurities because she knew what to do 99% of the time and she wasn't afraid to go after it; but this doesn't mean that she was ever reckless. These two make such a great team, and that final scene proves it. Had Adrian not acted right then, well... 

Adrian and Dimitri OMG that is all I am saying. I loved the fact that Rose and Dimitri were more involved in this book because Rose's sense of humor is still awesome and Dimitri's smiles are the cutest.

I'M SORRY I JUST HAD TO INCLUDE THIS OMG. Especially after reading that epilogue, I think it was my favorite part of the book. There were so many gems in there, like the visual of Adrian's job!!! BUT DON'T FORGET ABOUT Adrian and Declan!!!! Sydney and Declan!!! Rose and Dimitri!!! (Noooooo, too cute) Eddie and Jill!!! 

However, I thought I would be more obsessed with this book, but I found myself going on twitter/tumblr which is why it took me a lot to read it. This is actually ironic considering there is always something going on in the story. It felt rushed, like there were a lot of knots the author wanted to tie up before it was over and I must say I was not entirely convinced by some of the solutions given to certain situations, it seemed too easy sometimes. Which is why I gave it 4 stars. But I think it hasn't really hit me yet: No more Adrian, like what am I suppossed to do now?! Read fanfiction?

Unti next time, friends!

No hay comentarios

Publicar un comentario