miércoles, 8 de julio de 2015

I'm in the middle of reading The Wrath and The Dawn and I just had to stop myself because duh! Today is Wednesday and that means I grace you all with my quote of the week, which by the way is so incredibly inspiring and beautiful....



You can find the source of the quote here

Ohmygod. I am re-reading this quote and I can't help but relate it to My Mad Fat Diary, Rae, especifically. Have you watched it? Do you see how I find that the quote fits her so perfecty? If so, we should talk about the final season which finished this past Monday. I might write a post to talk about the importance of that TV show because of the issues it deals with. 

Anyway, I love this quote because it is a reminder. We are always being told how we have to get married, and it better be before you're 30 because by then, who is going to want you, right?! Sighs. Or even most of the time being in a relationship is the conventional thing, and being single is not really cool. And what this quote tells me is, fuck it. I so do not need to make anyone love me. I don't need to be for others, I have to be for me. Because I have to be my number one priority. Phew. 

What does this quote say to you? Let me know in the comments, or find me on twitter @alesmusings :)

1 comentario:

  1. This is so great!
    I'm not ever going to change who I am for other people. I love what I love and I am who I am and if someone accepts that, great. If not, I don't care. I have my family who loves me and supports me and who I can be my quirky self around.
    And I like what you said about the pressure to marry. These days, it's not as much, though. And I think that's great. Because I am a pretty independent person and I don''t plan on getting married right away. I feel like there are so many things that I want to be able to do and experience and things that I wan to discover about myself, before I put myself into a relationship.

    Olivia @ Fluttering Pages

    ResponderEliminar