domingo, 13 de septiembre de 2015


Chatty Ale is the only name I could think of for these kinda posts. You know the ones that aren't book reviews or tags or memes? Just me, lil old Ale, talking about stuff that has been on my mind. 

It was December of 2011 and I decided to read this book called "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" because I had seen the trailer for the movie that would be coming out that month.  So I bought the book and I read it in like a week and man, did I love it. I was surprised by the fact that I read it and loved it because that's not my cup of tea. At all. 

A few months later, when the film got here I went and saw it and I was even more in love with the story. Bless my baby Rooney Mara, she did a wonderful job as Lisbeth Salander. Then, I don't know how much time passed before I read the second book in the Millenium series, "The Girl Who Played With Fire", and well I didn't love it as much but it was still great. Then, in December of 2013, I read the third book "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" and I was empty for a while. Let me tell you why.



I started the first book knowing its author, Stieg Larsson, had passed away in 2004 because of a heartattack. Knowing very well he died before he could finish the series. In fact, he wrote a good portion of the fourth book before he passed away. I accepted this fact. I cried for Lisbeth Salander, who I would not see anymore. I, eventually, moved on. 

Fast forward to September, 2015... 


Yes. Your eyes are not deceiving you. Another author has written the fourth book in the series. Now you can see why this deserves a lengthy post. Right? I have been researching and apparently, David Lagercrantz, the author of "The Girl in The Spider's Web", did not use the manuscript Larsson had left, which I have to admit upsets me. He is pretty much taking the plot and characters (I'm guessing) and doing what he wants with the story.

I am torn. Why read a book in a series that isn't written by the same author, who had the entirety of the plot in his head, mind you. What is even the point of doing so if I could find some stories online based on the same characters? But then, this could also be a chance to read about Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist again. I wanna read your opinions? What would you do? Think about the fact that this is a series I loved, not just any series out there. 

What would you do if the author of a series you loved died without finishing this saga and then someone else wrote the next book? Would you read it? Would you ignore it?  Tell me why.




No hay comentarios

Publicar un comentario