miércoles, 9 de septiembre de 2015


How are you all doing? How's life treating you, friend? I was going through my likes on tumblr and I found today's quote, read it and freaked out, I knew this was it. But enough of my chatter, here are this week's Words to Live By:


This lovely piece is by the poet Nayyirah Waheed, and it can be found on her twitter account. Tell me this isn't beautiful, please. It's so positive and perfect, because many times I have had this thought, I want to reach this place where my mind is in harmony with my body, where I'm not fighting for the "perfect shape". And I know this is something a lot of people struggle with. And to imagine your body replying with this is unbelievable because basically that's what it wants. To be friends with whoever is occupying it, right? This quote is just so inspiring. It makes me think 'fuck standards! Life's too fucking short to live in a constant battle with my own home'. 

I found some more quotes from Waheed, and they are giving me ALL THE FEELS, so if you want to check them here they are. And if you are even more interested, she's published a book called 'Salt'. 

What do you think? How are you? Let's catch up! See you soon. 

-Ale.

No hay comentarios

Publicar un comentario