miércoles, 10 de junio de 2015

Oh, how excited I am to share today's Words To Live By. I am loving this feature because it means that I have to go through quotes I have bookmarked and then I end up feeling inspired and amazed by the talent of people. Okay, enough with the chatter, here is today's quote:


The quote is part of a poem called "10 Things I Wish My Mother Had Taught Me" by D.A.S, a poet I have found on tumblr. You can find the whole poem here

I L-O-V-E this one in particular because of "you were meant to burn down the earth and graffity the sky" HELLO!?!? Oh god, why are words so powerful. Words have hurt me more than physical violence ever has. But this is also beautiful because yes I'm not gonna deny I feel very good when someone compliments me by telling me I'm pretty but I don't really want to be "pretty". More than that, I love when people say I'm smart, or that they enjoy my sense of humor. 

I want to make clear that there is nothing wrong with wanting to be pretty, if that's what you want, then cool. But personally, that is not my goal. I really love this quote by Cristina Yang, from Grey's Anatomy (my favorite character of that TV show), my friend sent it to me the other day. 


I want to know your thoughts! Do you love this quote too, or do you disagree? I appreciate all of your opinions so please let me know! :)

2 comentarios:

  1. This quote is AWESOME. I've never been fond of the word and concept of "pretty". I feel like it's a watered down version of "beautiful". I think beautiful has more power.

    I think eye-catching is also much better that pretty. Being someone that makes people stop, because of physical appearance, or the way you dress, or anything is awesome. Much better than a simple "pretty".

    I love it when people say I'm funny, to be honest. It validates my efforts. Making people laugh is the best :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Wow, I had never thought of "eye-catching" I LOVE IT! It definitely is sooo much more powerful than pretty. I have always thought I am rather plain, so being an eye catching person would be such a challenge. I am sure you do make people stop because of your beautiful pink hair <3

      YES! When they say you make them laugh and compliment your sense of humor, I do enjoy that. I am soooo glad you enjoyed this quote, thank you for stopping by, Chiara. You're amazing! <3

      Eliminar